I’m trying to compile a list of resources for organising online conferences:
- How do we ensure that online conferences feel like events?
- From exclusive conferencing to community building – facing the challenge of the climate crisis
- The challenges of face-to-face conferences
- The post-covid future of virtual conferences
- Post-pandemic conferences: academic networks and changing conference spaces
- What’s it like to move from organising face-to-face conferences to organising conferences online?
- Rethinking training for a pandemic: a case study of a social media bootcamp
- Is hybrid a desirable new normal for academic events?
- Cultivating a virtual conference community
- How to run engaging academic conferences online
- A manifesto for online meetings
- Why feminist frameworks matter for organising online conferences
Here are resources which are relevant without being related to online conferences:
- Inclusive conferences – we can and must do better
- Running a nearly carbon neutral conference
- Medievalists with disabilities accessibility guidelines
- Tips for responding to British CfPs as an international scholar (and how to organise a more globally inclusive conference)
- Welcome to ethical ed tech
If you have suggestions could you share them in a comment and I’ll add them to the list? I’ll eventually make this into a padlet unless someone has a better idea about how to make this list a bit more interactive, including allowing people to add comments attached to these individual pieces.