Creating and Exploring Digital Empathy (CEDE) is an EPSRC-funded research project jointly held between UCL, the University of Sheffield and Lancaster University. The CEDE project had five core aims and objectives:
- To explore and develop the concept of Digital Empathy and how it can be facilitated via innovative methods;
- To improve quality of life by enabling a fuller expression of digital personhood;
- To reduce isolation across communities/groups and individuals;
- To develop new design principles that can be incorporated into systems design to enable empathy to be effectively communicated across the network;
- To open up a new domain in digital personhood, applicable across a variety of sectors.
- To build the Voight-Kampff machine…..