Please forward this training event to all your colleagues. Many thanks.
- Do you have an understanding of asexuality?
- What is the place of intimacy and amorous or romantic relationships within asexualities?
- What is your current thinking around sexual desire?
Asexuals are making themselves heard and thus are redefining what we understand by intimacy, desire, sexual arousal, love and sex.
Olivier led a research in asexuality for Pink Therapy concluding in the receipt of 310 testimonials and narratives.
Asexualities are counter-cultural in our hypersexed communities and societies where low sex desire seems to be taboo.
At the end of this training day, participants will:
– be introduced to diverse narratives around asexualities,
– develop an understanding of asexuality and its relationship to desire, arousal and intimacy,
– be able to deconstruct heteronormative and patriarchal assumptions around sexuality,
– gain a knowledge and appreciation of difficulties asexuals may encounter,
– develop non-pathologising clinical skills in working therapeutically with asexualities.
The workshop will include experiential exercises, critique of diagnosis on sexual desire dysfunctions, role-plays, and reflection on theories of sexuality.
I look forward to meeting you on this training day:
Venue: Spiral Holistic Therapy Centre 2 Shelburne Road London N7 6DL
(Directions and parking information: www.spiralcentre.org)
Date: Sunday15th July 2012
Times: 10.30am – 5.30pm
CPD: 6 hours
Booking: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivier Cormier-Otaño (MBACP Accred) is an integrative and relational counsellor and a psychosexual therapist in private practice. He is an Advanced Accredited Sexual Diversity Therapist with Pink Therapy with whom he studied on the Certificate in sexual Minority therapy. Olivier has written published chapters on Gender and Sexual Diversity including Asexualities for various publications.