Curious about social media but unsure where to start? This hour long webinar will explore the issues faced by academics when using social media to communicate online:
- Being clear about what your goals are.
- Understanding the potential benefits for academics of using social media.
- Deciding which platforms and tools are right for you.
- Managing personal and professional identity online.
- Knowing what to tweet and blog about
- Feeling comfortable on social media
- Integrating social media into your daily working routines
The webinar takes place later this year. If you’d like to be notified when registration is open, fill out the form below:
Mark Carrigan is a sociologist at the University of Warwick. He works as a social media trainer and researcher for the Digital Change programme, recently completing a detailed analysis of the academic publishing landscape and a feasibility study for the establishment of a Warwick ePress. He co-ordinates a range of online publishing initiatives, including Sociology@Warwick and the Sociological Imagination, as well as exploring how digital technology can be used in all aspects of his practice as a researcher.
Categories: Academia 2.0