I’m very excited that the Digital Geographies working group of the Royal Geographical Society is now up and running. Find out more on their website here.
Our aims are to:
- Provide a platform and intellectual community for geographers to engage in discussions of the digital and geography
- Help stimulate and deepen critical engagement and conceptualisation of the digital, both within Geography and beyond
- Offer a focal point within Geography to showcase the relevance of geographical research in contemporary discussions of the digital
- Nurture discussion of how digital technologies are changing the methods of geographical research, scholarship, teaching, writing and impact work
- Develop links to other disciplines, networks and practitioner communities related to “the digital”