The Centre for the Study of Women and Gender at the University of Warwick will host a Graduate Seminar Series in the academic year 2013/2014. We would like to invite postgraduate students working in, but not limited to the following areas:
- Media, Culture and Gender Representations
- Work and Family
- (Trans) national Gender
- Intersections of Gender, ‘Race’, Class, Disability and Age
- Gender, Transgender and Sexualities
- Feminism and Women’s Rights
- Feminist Methodologies
- New Media and Digital Technologies
- Histories of Feminism, Gender and Sexuality
- Gender, the Body and Embodiment
We welcome submissions, both conventional and innovative, from any disciplines on gender related topics.
Seminars will take place on three or four Wednesdays per term in the afternoon (dates and timings TBC).
Each presenter will be allocated 30 minutes: 20 minutes presentation and 10 minutes discussion.
Attendance is open to everyone.
The seminar series aims to:
• Foster discussions on questions of / around gender
• Provide a safe and comfortable space for students to present their research
• Create an opportunity to fine-tune presentation skills
Abstracts should be:
• Maximum 200 words
• Submitted along with a brief biography of the author; including their institution, department, and
• Submitted by Friday 22nd November 2013
Please email abstracts to email@example.com. Abstracts will be peer reviewed. If successful, you will hear from us in the week commencing 9th December 2013 and will be allocated to a seminar between January and May 2014. Funds may also be available to help contribute to travel expenses.
If you have any further questions, please do email us.
CSWG Organising Committee
For more information about the Graduate Seminar Series, please visit: