CfP: Panel/Roundtable on ‘Aging in a Digital World”
We are looking for some additional participants for either a roundtable or panel submission to #AoIR2016 in Berlin on the topic of “Aging in a Digital World.” Specifically, we are looking for works that highlight the intersection of the internet with later life (50+ years). In keeping with the conference theme of rules, potential questions that might be addressed include:
· What are the rules of older adulthood in an increasingly digital world?
· What constitutes rule making and rule breaking on the internet at older ages?
· Are there generational differences in the ways we engage with socio-technical interfaces?
· How might media representations of later life be subverted and/or engaged?
· What disparities are introduced as aging adults engage in digital living?
· What stories and experiences about aging on/through online spaces are we not telling?
Kindly register your interest in participating in this submission by emailing a 250-300 word abstract and brief biographical statement by 20 February 2016 to both Adrienne Massanari at email@example.com and Kelly Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ultimate format of this submission will depend on the interests of the group. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Adrienne and Kelly