You can book online here.
Given the increasing pressure to demonstrate the impact of social research, it is inevitable that researchers are looking towards the opportunities offered by social media. This one day course offers an accessible introduction to the use of blogging and twitter, encompassing the possibilities they offer for social researchers and walking you through best practice.
You will learn through a combination of presentations, informal discussions and practical sessions, including pre-course reading.
Course content covers:
- An introduction to blogging
- An introduction to twitter
- Making an impact with blogging and twitter
- Integrating blogging and twitter into your working life
Who is it aimed at?
This is an entry level course, which assumes no familiarity with blogging or twitter.
You will find this course useful if you:
- conduct social research
- have responsibility for impact and public engagement
- communicate findings to policymakers and practitioners
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- understand the characteristics of blogging and micro-blogging
- get started in a practical and engaged way with Twitter and WordPress formulate your own strategic plan to use these services effectively
- connect effectively with others online in a way which serves these ends measure the impact of your online engagement
- participate enjoyably in the emerging academic blogosphere and twittersphere