- To define the reality of the human condition and to make our definitions public
- To confront the new facts of history-making in our time, and their meaning for the problem of political responsibility.
- Continually to investigate the causes of war, and among them to locate the decisions and defaults of elite circles.
- To release the human imagination, to explore all the alternatives now open to the human community by transcending both the mere exhortation of grand principle and the mere opportunistic reaction.
- To demand full information of relevance to human destiny and the end of decision made in irresponsible secrecy.
- To cease being the intellectual dupes of political patrioteers.
– C. Wright Mills