I’m at the cutting-edge of using social media within social science, through both my academic research and my extensive practical experience. I am available for short or medium term freelance work in any aspect of using social media within the social sciences or humanities. This might encompass any of the following:
- Developing a social media strategy
- Managing Twitter and Facebook feeds
- Designing and maintaining personal portfolio sites
- Designing and maintaining multi-author blogs
- Maintaining websites using the Site Builder system.
- Online promotion and content generation for academic conferences
- Collecting and curating existing online content produced by academics, research projects, departments or services.
- Using social media as a means for scholarly publishers to build networks with academics
- Academic podcasting (e.g. interviewing, profiling research, profiling modules, recording lectures)
- Academic videocasting (e.g. interviewing, profiling research, profiling modules, of recording lectures)
- Producing bespoke training materials
This lists only a selection of the services I offer. If you are an academic, research project, academic department or university service and need short or medium term outside assistance with anything relating to social media or digital tools then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I’m enthusiastic, independent, hard-working and passionate about communicating social science online. I have, as it were, a foot in both camps: I’m deeply immersed in the world of social media, having been blogging for over a decade, yet I’m also a published sociologist with an interdisciplinary background who is conducting ongoing research.